Internship available at the Bahrain Center for Human Rights in Copenhagen
The BCHR has been working to protect and promote human rights in Bahrain for more than eleven years – we are the oldest and largest human rights organization in the country. In 2011, when the pro-democracy movement inspired by the Arab Spring evoked a brutal crackdown from the authorities, the BCHR’s former Acting-President Maryam Al-Khawaja established our international ‘office in exile’, located in the Christianshavn neighborhood of Copenhagen. The bulk of our work is still conducted by our documentation team in Bahrain, and the Copenhagen office is primarily focused coordinating our international advocacy program. Over the last three years, the BCHR has won six prestigious awards for our work in human rights, and we are active around the globe in our pursuit of accountability for human rights violators in Bahrain.
The Bahrain Center for Human Rights currently seeks individuals interested in an internship, full-time or part-time, for a period of 3-6 months, to work in the field of communications for spring 2018, starting mid March 2018 (exact date to be discussed). Office hours will be held from 10:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. This is an unpaid position.
The main duties involved include:
- Communication with our international partner organizations, representatives of foreign governments, and the UN.
- Writing reports on human rights abuses in Bahrain in cooperation with our documentation team in Bahrain.
- Managing a contacts database and improving our communications with our targeted audience of policy makers.
- Writing and publishing content for our website. Requirements:
- A professional level of English. Danish and Arabic are a plus.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Technological proficiency – familiarity with the Adobe suite a plus
- An interest in human rights and international relations. A relevant degree and field of studies is a plus.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter before the 5th of March 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org